Sometimes the stars align just right. In this case, your love of space and rocket ships can coincide with your MBA degree, turning interests into a career.
The STARS club at Tepper can do just this. The club’s name stands for Students at Tepper for Astronautics, Rockets, and Space. They love outer space and working with the top companies in the rocket industry to help you land you’ve always dreamt about.
See what STARS is all about in 3…2…1…take off!
Out of This World
- STARS is centered around all things outer space and rockets. Their goal is to get their members involved the biggest space exploration companies, part of a rapidly growing industry.
- The club’s founder now works at Astrobotic, one of today’s most talked-about space-related startups which plans on putting things on the moon!
Shooting for the Stars
- STARS works with major space companies, including: SpaceX, Blue Origin, Boeing, and Virgin Galactic. They host corporate info sessions, sponsor competitions, and target Tepper students for roles in their company.
- Each fall, the club visits either Seattle or Los Angeles for their Fall Trek. Last year they were able to tour Blue Origin’s rocket production facility and the Boeing Everett facility (the largest building on Earth)!
On the Horizon
- STARS plans to put some focus on the Defense industry, an industrial area becoming more integrated with astronomical ambitions of space companies.
- They are also looking to collaborate with more MBA clubs here at Tepper.