https://blogs.tepper.cmu.edu/life/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/IMG_1541-Michael-Marrkand.jpg 1512 2016 Regan Gleason | MBA 2020 /life/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Life-at-Tepper-Full-Color.png Regan Gleason | MBA 20202019-11-01 15:11:022019-11-01 15:22:48Alpha Asset Management Club
Alpha Asset Management Club
One of the best parts of getting your MBA is that there are so many different paths you can take in your career. At Tepper, we have lots of clubs devoted to helping students realize what they’re interested in and hone in on their desired career route after graduation.
The Alpha Asset Management Club is one of the many clubs that offer this direction-building community, specializing in asset management and investments. If that sounds like something you may be interested in, take a look at what they’re all about:
- The Alpha Club aims to provide support to Tepper students interested in pursuing careers in asset management as well as provide learning opportunities for students interested in investing.
- They’re known for having the largest ratio of students of any club to own hard-copy Wall Street Journals.
- David Tepper is an honorary member.
- The Alpha Club has major sponsors including Dimensional Fund Advisors, Jefferies, and Loomis Sayles. They work together on recruiting, company visits, and educational opportunities.
- Club members attend upwards of ten stock pitch competitions each year at MBA schools across the country. Last year was their most successful year to date with four teams at four different competitions placing in the top three.
- They’ve recently had a Tepper alum who works at an investor firm come to discuss his investment process and what it takes to have a successful career in equity investing on the buy-side.