The earlier days of YouTube aren’t “old school,” but it feels miles away from what it is now. One of the styles of videos that I loved to watch then was part of the “50 Facts About Me” tag, where content creators would share fifty random facts about them. Given our new family of bloggers here on Life at Tepper, I thought it would be a good time for me to truly introduce myself. After all, it feels odd that I’ve shared more vulnerable parts of my undergraduate life but not my passions inside and outside of the classroom.
Without further ado, here are some facts about me:
- I am taking the Fall 2020 semester off but will finish my education in Spring 2021. I then will have completed my minor in Business Administration and my major in Professional Writing.
- I dedicated my first three years in college to a BS in Business Administration. You can read more about my transition and my one-year reflection on the blog.
- I had been on track to have a concentration in marketing. However, I realized that I was more interested in the creative part of marketing than the analytics end.
- I started writing for The Tartan, Carnegie Mellon’s student-run newspaper, in January 2017 (my freshman spring semester). I am now one of the section editors and part of the executive committee. I never wrote for a newspaper prior; I truly believe that college students should challenge their comfort zones now more than before!
- The worst habit I developed during college (and have broken!) is regularly drinking energy drinks.
- I was named after the Madeline book franchise.
- Mental health advocacy is a large part of my life. I am involved with Carnegie Mellon’s Active Minds chapter.
- I strongly believe in the power of experience and vulnerability. This drives me to share the ups and downs of my time through this blog!
- Business Presentations was one of the most influential courses that I have taken in my time at Tepper, if not the most influential.
- I spent most of my life in Auburn, AL. Before then, I lived right outside Columbus, OH.
- Pittsburgh feels more like home than my hometown (Auburn, AL). Still, the hardest change I faced moving away from home was maintaining healthy relationships despite the distance.
- My favorite place to eat off-campus probably has to go to Mercurio’s.
- My favorite thing to eat on-campus is more than likely the sweet potato fries in Tepper. Or at least that’s what I’ve been finding that I miss the most.
- The most memorable moments I’ve made on-campus during my undergraduate years were made in The Tartan’s newsroom (I mean when you spend 10+ hours together every week…).
- My favorite memory I made in Pittsburgh was attending a concert for The Tartan.
I’m excited to share more as this year progresses. I’m also eager to learn about you all and see what kind of content can best help others. The pandemic has drastically changed our social interactions, but I can’t wait to see how the Tepper bloggers can continue to reach out to other Tartans!