When choosing the right MBA, there are many factors to consider. It will differ for each person – for some people the Part-Time Online Hybrid program is the perfect blend.

Having the MBA and full-time career experience simultaneously is actually a benefit of the PTOH. Students take the Tepper MBA skills and knowledge and apply them immediately during their career.  Here are some current PTOH students who are sharing their stories.

For my Managing Network and Organizations final project, I not only qualitatively analyzed my company’s Managed Services Organization (my team), but I quantitatively analyzed the team by sending out a survey and using NodeXL to quantify the results through course metrics. I was able to pin-point key team members who had high closeness centrality and betweenness centrality. Additionally, I was able to give that knowledge to my company’s Leadership Team. It was formally presented during our All-Hands meeting! It was so helpful within my team that the CEO has asked that we expand the analysis across the company. I would not have been able to add immediate value if I had not been in the PTOH program. I completed the project, submitted it online, and emailed it to my boss and VP all at the same time. I actually got feedback from my VP! I was able to get feedback on the project in both an academic and professional setting – a huge benefit of being in the PTOH program while working full-time.

Kristy O’HaraClient Operations Manager at Advocate - The Premier TBM Services Company

We have been using material from Statistical Decision Making for some of our real estate deals. We conducted an analysis of a building we’re looking to purchase and what was the best way to trade off different variables to maximize profit from tenant rent by running regressions with R programming, including some indicator and some semi-log variables. I think the effort was successful and gave us good insight into possible rent increases and what variables were most important. Results are not in yet, but we are very hopeful.

Ron GabrielRetail Entrepreneur

As part of the course readings for our Managing People & Teams class, there was an interestingly titled HBR article called ”Managing Your Boss”  and I had brought a print-out of the article to work for a quick lunch reading. That afternoon, my boss came by my desk and noticed the article. He had mixed reactions to the article’s title: on one end he thought it was hilarious but on the other he was actually very curious. I used this opportunity to give him a quick summary and asked if he was open to discussing the checklist included in the article. To my pleasant surprise he was receptive, so we sat down and ran through the checklist. At that time I was 3 months into my new role, so it was a perfect opportunity for my boss and I to learn about one another’s strengths and weaknesses, preferred working styles, and blind spots. Fast forward 9 months, my boss and I have formed a strong working relationship and understanding of how we can complement each other. During our one-on-one’s we often reflect on how we are progressing on our weaknesses and blind spots and he has starting using this checklist with his other direct reports. It was a night and day difference in how my boss and I worked with each other before and after our checklist meeting. If I had never read this article, I would probably still be trying to learn how best to work with my boss.

Tamara ThorntonSr. Manager of Finance at Greenwich Biosciences

I have been interviewing people for a few open positions and I have fully gotten my leadership and my team on board to the structured interview process that we learned in Managing People & Teams.  We use a technical interview in advance to screen out candidates for the skill sets we are looking for.

Because of the Probability and Statistics course, I more heavily implemented statistics into my everyday analytics. Specifically, I recommended a new approach to our litigation case investigations.

I implemented linear programming models from our Optimization course to make my SQL code run faster, uses less memory, and is more efficient.

Learning MBA skills and working full-time simultaneously has helped in 100+ ways, but most aren’t easily measurable.

Matthew MoschelManaging Consultant at Berkeley Research Group LLC

Shoshana Rubinstein

Senior Quality Engineer at Pratt & Whitney
Shoshana Rubinstein joined the Tepper Part-Time Online Hybrid MBA in 2018 and focuses in operations management. She holds a bachelor's degree in Industrial & Management Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. After graduating in three years, Shoshana went on to join the United Technologies Company’s Operations Leadership Program and spent two years in three rotations of manufacturing leadership, supply chain management, and quality control. Now, she serves as a Sr. Quality Engineer in Pratt & Whitney’s Columbus Forge Blades quality department. Shoshana can be found hiking with friends and stress-baking various cookies and pies; she particularly loves serving Apple Pi Pie on March 14. She frequently donates time (in her local community), money (to her alma mater and cancer research), blood and platelets (with the American Red Cross), and hair (five times with Locks for Love).

Latest posts by Shoshana Rubinstein (see all)